- 1. INTRODUCTION
- 2. DEFINITIONS
- 3. GOALS
- 5. CAVEATS
- 6. INTERNET ACCESS
- 7. AVAILABILITY
- 8. CONTACT - ASSISTANCE
- 9. RESPONSIBILITY
- 10. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- 11. PERSONAL DATA
- 12. TRACEABILITY
- 13. GENERAL CLAUSES
1. PI SLICE FZ-LLC (Pi Slice), a Free Zone – Limited Liability Company organized and existing under the laws of Ras Al Khaimah, UAE, registered under number RAKIA 74 FZ3 02 12 5227 and domiciled at P.O. Box 31291, Al-Jazeera Al-Hamra, Ras Al Khaimah, is responsible for operating the Internet platform accessible at http://pi-slice.com .
PI SLICE works with partner MicroWorld, a French Partnership Limited by Shares, represented by its President with a registered capital of 37000 Euros and Paris Trade Register number 520 574. to maintain the website.
2. The Pi Slice website offers an interface which enables:
- Users (individuals and other legal entities) to access and share information regarding microfinance;
- Microfinance institutions “MFIs” to publish projects on behalf of micro entrepreneurs looking to fund their activities (“PROJECTS”).
4. The terms defined below will be understood as follows:
- “Personal Data”: information relative to an individual or a legal entity who can directly or indirectly be identified name, email, …)
- “Operator”: website operator Pi Slice and any partners that perform services to enable the Pi Slice Website to function
- “Service(s)”: all services offered to users through the Website;
- “Website” or “Internet site”: online platform operated by Pi Slice accessible through the Internet via the URL: http://www.pi-slice.com
- “User”: any person (individual person or professional or legal entity) accessing the Website.
8. The Website User must:
- Only use the Services and information to which he has access in accordance with the sole conditions defined by the Operator;
- Ensure that he does not interfere with other user usage of the Website;
- Ensure that he does not commit any act which might jeopardize the security of the Operator’s servers or that of other Users.
9. The User is informed that although the Website Operator makes every effort to provide users with information which has been verified and updated, the Website Operator cannot guarantee that all the informations published on the Website is correct or up to date.
10. In order to use to access the Services, the User must use an Internet access. All expenses incurred by the User to access the Website remain the User’s sole responsibility.
11. The Website is accessible to all Users 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. However, the Operator may not be held responsible for any interruptions in the service whether intentional or not.
12. The Operator reserves the right, without prior notice or compensation, to close the Website or access to one or more Services temporarily or definitively, in order to carry out updates or modifications or to change servers, .... this list being non exhaustive.
13. The Operator also reserves the right to carry out all modifications or improvements he deems necessary or beneficial with regards to the performance of the Website and its associated Services.
14. For all information or queries relating to the use of the Services, the User may contact a member of the Operator’s staff:
- via the “Contact” section;
- by e-mail: email@example.com
- by post at the following address: Emirates Towers, Level 41, Sheikh Zayed Road, DIFC District, P.O.Box: 31303, Dubai, UAE - by phone : +971-4-319 9290.
15. The Operator is only obliged to make its best efforts in order to maintain the access to the Website and Services provided.
17. The Operator may not be held responsible in case of any damage caused indirectly by the use of the Services. Indirect damage includes notably any losses of data, time, profits, turnover, clients... as well as any prejudice to trademarks, expected profits or action taken by third parties.
18. The Operator may not be held responsible for any nuisance or damage inherent to the usage of the Internet, such as disruptions of services, outside intrusion, violation of computer security, computer viruses or any event considered by the courts as force majeure.
20. The Operator holds all intellectual property rights to the Website, including trademarks, images, texts, photos, logos, graphic charts, software, browsers, databases and domain names, this list being not exhaustive.
21. Any total or partial reproduction and/or representation of any one of these rights without the Operator’s express authorisation, is prohibited and would constitute a counterfeit sanctioned by Articles L.335-2 and subsequent articles of the Intellectual Property Code.
22. Consequently, the User shall refrain from any activity which might directly or indirectly violate the intellectual property rights held by the Operator or third parties.
23. The Operator and its partners have complied with the prerequisite formalities of the countries they operate with regards to data protection. All data shared with the Operator for the purpose of operating the website will be protected by the French laws established by the CNIL (National Commission of Information Technology and Civil Liberties) and will use the personal data concerning and conveyed by the user with strict respect for the provisions of Act n° 78-17 of January 6, 1978.
24. The Operator will do everything in his power to guarantee the security and confidentiality of the data which has been processed.
25. The User has the right to access, query, change, correct and delete any of his personal data and undertakes to inform the Operator of any changes in this data.
26. The User acknowledges the fact that he may, upon request, obtain information about the processing of his personal data by means of the following procedure:
- written request signed by the user, accompanied by a photocopy of his ID
- request sent to the operator at the following address: MicroWorld, 44, rue de Prony 75017 Paris France.
28. In this regard, the User declares that he accepts the Operator’s right to use such cookies or any other similar techniques to trace Users’ navigation.
29. GOOGLE - REMARKETING:
Google's advertising requirements are summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We have implemented the following:
- • Remarketing with Google AdSense
- • Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- • Demographics and Interests Reporting
- • DoubleClick Platform Integration
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions, and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Opting out: Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
13.1. Transmission of Responsibility
13.2 Good Faith
The parties agree to execute their obligations in good faith.
13.3 . Headings
Should any difficulties in interpretation result from a contradiction between any of the headings figuring above the clauses or any of the clauses themselves, the headings will be considered non-existent.
13.5. Applicable Law
The present general conditions are governed by U.A.E law.
This is the case for substantive laws and subsidiary laws, notwithstanding the place of execution of the substantive or subsidiary obligations.
13.6 Choice of Jurisdiction
IN THE CASE OF A DISPUTE BETWEEN THE OPERATOR AND A PROFESSIONAL USER, THE POWER OF JURISDICTION IS EXPRESSLY ALLOCATED TO THE COURT FALLING WITHIN THE JURISDICTION OF THE COURT OF APPEAL OF DUBAÏ, NOTWITHSTANDING THE PLURALITY OF THE DEFENDANTS OR THE INTRODUCTION OF THIRD PARTIES, EVEN FOR EMERGENCY PROCEDURES OR PROTECTIVE MEASURES, IN SUMMARY PROCEEDINGS OR BY PETITION.